Monday, January 26, 2015

Madhushala-My thoughts

Posted by vishwa prakash on 11:13 AM with No comments

Mitii ka tan, masti ka mann

chadnbhar jeevan , mera parichaya..

(Perishable body, playful mind
 Few moments of life, that is all my introduction)


Writing a review of Madhushala(wine-house) is beyond my cognitive capacity. All that I am writing here is just my thoughts that go through my mind whenever I read this Classic poetry.

Harivansh Rai Bacchan is among those rare poets who never heisted to explore any prospect of life. Madhushala is one of those daring metaphorical creation by Bacchan and is well accepted and appreciated by many generations of writers, thinkers and readers.



The topic which is not very well consented by society is so intelligently and philosophically presented by the author that it looks like an epic poem and provides great insight about human life : he has questioned the divide in society on the basis of religion, divide on base the of festivals, divide on basis of culture and faith but, how these boundaries dissolve when people go to sit for drink .



Mushalman aur hindu hai do, ek magar unka pyala,

Ek magar unka madiralaya, ek magar unki hala,

Dono rehte ek na jabtak , masjid-mandir me jaate,

Baair badhata masjid-mandir, male karati madhu shala.



(Mushliams and hindus are different, but they share same glass of wine

They go to same wine-house, when they have different faiths

They go to mosques and temples, mosques and temples create divide
While wine –house creates unite between them)

Bacchan has raised questions about many religious dogmas and also has presented much rational and liberal doctrine about life.

The book is very enjoyable even if somebody doesn’t wants to go into its central idea.



The author also has written about himself as

Naam agar puche koi to, kehna bas peenaewala.

Kamm dhalna anur dhalana, sabko madira ka pyala,

Jaati priye puche koi , keh dena deewano ki,

Dharm batana pyale ki le, mala japna Madhushala.

(if somebody asks my name ,introduce me as drunker

Work is of consuming and serving the wine,

If somebody asks my Cast, Tell him that I belong to crazies

Tell my religion as wine-peg, and keep chanting wine…)


To summarize about the book, I would say it’s a very delightful read and a complete book about philosophy of life in its own & unique way

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts